3.20.2012

Eight is Great, Let's Celebrate!

Okay I know I'm pathetic, but here are pictures of Ella's BiRthDay party! Yes, her birthday is at Christmas time. I told you I'm pathetic. So the Bean insisted on a party at Jump 'n' Play. Or is it Jump 'n' Bounce, or Jump 'n' Party? Who the heck knows, but whatever it's called, she really, really wanted her party there. This is only the 2nd time we've birthday partied away from home, and I have to say I do love celebrating at our house, it's more intimate. But unlike the crazy themed parties we have at home, it was easy prep and easy clean-up, which I loved, not so easy on the checkbook though:) I tried my best to bring things from home to make it a little less, shall we say...I can't think of another word besides "ghetto." But they only give you about 20 minutes to set up so I had to let go of my perfectionist party planner tendencies. Her party was at 10:30 in the morning, so with permission from the birthday girl, I kinda switched things up in the sweets department. I ordered a bunch of donuts from our favorite shop, Donuts to Go, and piled them high. Lots of pink ones of course. To counteract the donuts, I made ham and cheese croissants, fresh berries and served OJ and strawberry milk in little jelly jars. So simple but still bright and festive and fun. Here are some pics of the festivities and of my BiG girl!
Noodle & Bean
This is the perfect place for Charlie; endless energy-releasing fun, in a room with padding.
R.C. and Uncle Richie
All my boys:)
Mitch was nervous at first, but wound up having fun and wanting to go down the slide over and over and over...
The gang!
Ella had fun showing her girls the pictures I'd brought of her as a baby and tot. Seems like those days came and went so quickly, time is FLYING by:(
8 candles on one donut!
Nolan and a side of powdered sugar;)
Rocky wasn't in the mood for pics but I didn't want to leave him out!
Ella's school friends, a few are missing in this, oops.
Cousins! Gabe, Torre and Ava with Dawson, who is of course making a weird face.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh sweet Bean, I cannot believe you are 8. I think of all the years, celebrations, and times we've cherished with you. Laura, you're right, I think almost every birthday for any of the Rufflings have been at the house. I think you, and your house needed a year off ;) We love you Ella!