3.10.2012

I'm not weird, I'm just limited edition

Our kids are just plain weird. Weird I tell you, and I don't take any responsibility for it. Notta one bit. It would be too painful to admit that their bizarre quirks were passed down from me. Mwa, normal old me? Couldn't be, I'm not quirky at all. Wanna know who's got a super strange habit around here? Mitch, that's who. Any toy, any book, any anything that he likes and plays with, he imprints on. You know, like the werewolves in Twilight. Oh, you don't know, you don't like teenaged vampire movies then do you. So anyway, when Mitchy imprints on something {these "somethings" almost always have something to do with vehicles} it is HIS. FOREVER. DEAD SERIOUS. You-touch-it-you-die kind of serious. And just in case there's any confusion, he hoards these imprinted items in his crib, under his Pillow Pet from Auntie Kel and Auntie D, and then, just to be safe, he covers that whole mess with his blanket. The blanket acts as a cloaking device. "What tractors, what cars? I have no idea what you're talking about, I only see a blanket here, now move along..." There are a handful of items that are always in his crib, as well as a few revolving ones ~ these are not considered true imprints. Listed below are the items that always make the cut for Hoarders, Buried Alive ~ Crib Edition: Race car, ALL of the Cat tractors he got for Christmas, his "Things that Go" book, and his monster truck {well actually it was Dawson's monster truck when he was little. But that doesn't matter to Mitch, he played with it and imprinted on it and that was the end of that}. The only revolving item at the moment is non-car related, shocking indeed, and it is the little Lego polar bear from the set my Mom got the twins. Oh and he always has to have a water sippy. Every night he wants the water sippy. Does he drink water from the sippy, EVER? No, he stuffs it in the corner, but apparently that's beside the point.
Cloaking device activated....
the unveiling...
 Doesn't he look sort of ashamed in this picture? He must know he's destined to be on a TV show someday, and not the good kind of TV show.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I hope my mom's genes aren't at work here LOL