4.01.2008
Go Ahead, Make My Day
Today was one of "those" days - it started out well enough, early, but good. But things got ugly quick. I was 3rd in line for a melt down and by the time we left the grocery store this afternoon, I finally got my turn. I don't even know how to explain why it was such a disaster, too many little things to list. It was almost as excruciating as my natural childbirth experience. I literally had hot little tears welling up in my eyes as I buckled Dawson into his carseat, and then like a good girl I did what my Mom taught me to do - look at the receipt before leaving. So as I scanned the ginormous grocery bill (seriously, how do these little rug rats eat so stinkin' much, it's unreal) I notice that I was charged $59 for a donut. This is the chocolate covered, rainbow sprinkled beauty that I bought Ella in an attempt to keep her quiet for 2 MINUTES. So, I had to unload the kids AGAIN, go back in the store AGAIN, stand in line AGAIN and get a refund. Like I said, I can't even put my finger on exactly why it was such a miserable day, it just was. It was the kind of day that sends us stay-at-home Moms running for the resume we have saved on our computers. I'm telling you, I've had 10 hour days on the med/surg floor that weren't as exhausting as this day was. So if you saw us at Rosauer's today (I was the one with smoke coming out of my ears, Ella was the one in an old women's sunhat, mardi gras beads, and evening bag, Dawson was the screaming one) I apologize. At least Ella did help a little. After she pushed the grocery cart carrying her brother comletely out of sight while I ordered salmon for dinner, she politely asked an employee where the canned tomatoes were and reported back to me "aisle 3 Mom."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahhh, the joys of little ones! I think God makes our little ones so cute so that we don't kill them when the hard days come along. Some of those days seem to last a week but now that my kids are older they seem to have gone in a blink of an eye.
Love you!
Dawn
Post a Comment