
Today is Colin's Heavenly Birthday, a year ago he left this earth and went straight into the arms of a loving God. My heart is heavy for my friend, I cannot begin to wrap my mind around the grief that she has known and will continue to struggle with. I see more clearly the sacrifice God made, he gave His Son for us, out of pure love. I learned so much from this little 9 week old baby boy, his life and death reminds me to enjoy each day. We have no guarantees on the length of our life, we are meant to live each day as if it were the last. And watching Beth and John lose Colin gave me something I am always desparately grasping for - perspective. My life is good, I am blessed, yet I am always fighting discontentment. But when I look at my life in light of what they've gone through, I see how pale and petty my worries are in comparison. And while pain is pain, and I don't mean to imply that there is no room for hurt or sadness outside of something this tragic, what I do know is that I have so much to be thankful for. So if you are reading this, please say a prayer for Beth and John. For peace and comfort today, for hope and joy in the future. I know that Colin is discovering the mysteries of the universe in heaven, but it is the empty, aching arms here on earth that my heart is breaking for.
We miss you Colin.
"Good night sweet prince, may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."
No comments:
Post a Comment