

Todd and I were married for 8 years before we had Ella, so going out for the evening on a date was something that we unknowingly took for granted. You know the scene, a relaxing dinner, maybe a movie or just a walk by the river, a great kiss. . . you get the drift. But once a little person arrives things change, drastically. Not only do you have to find a babysitter, pay a babysitter, write a 2 page essay explaining the special instructions that are essential to survival, but by the time you finally get out of the house both you and the kid/kids are in tears. Then when you actually get to your romantic destination (covered in spit-up no doubt) you're on a time crunch. Either you have to be home to breastfeed or the baby just won't go to sleep without Mommy's super secret rock and sway. But the worst part for me by far is the WORRY. Lordy I am such a worry wart when I'm away from my babies. I think I looked at my cell phone 72 times the last time we were out. But recently Todd and I have been trying to make it a priority to go out more, just the 2 of us and also with friends. Just to eat dinner while it's hot, talk about big people stuff and just to remind us that we're a couple first, then parents. So the pictures here are of one such date night. I'm telling you, a $12 plate of spaghetti and a Coke is worth $500 in therapy. So to all of you Moms and Dads out there who are knee deep in diapers and Legos, get out the phone book, make some reservations and for crying out loud, get out of the house for 2 hours. It's time to bring back date night!
P.S. the guys were there too, I promise.
2 comments:
So true! That night was so fun even if we did have to eat at 5pm:) We need to do it again soon.
xoxo Siri
Ryan and I need to do this for sure! I think I may take your advice! Love your blog Laura! Your family is super adorable.
Post a Comment