I can't think of a better picture to sum up what 4th of July is all about than this one. This is my friend Sara welcoming her fiance' Hunter home after 7 months apart. She was in our wedding 12 and a half years ago, and I can't wait until August 30th to be there as she marries Hunter. What an incredible sacrifice, for both of them. I'm also proud to say that several people in our family have chosen to serve our country and fight for the freedom we so easily take for granted. Next to Christmas, 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday. We usually wind up in the woods camping some where or relaxing at the lake. I LOVE the fireworks, the picnic dinner, the chemical-laden cherry chip cupcakes I crave this time of year. But I really want to be mindful of why we celebrate this day. It's a day to give thanks for our independence, and to remember the incredible cost that comes with it.Happy Independence Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment