7.24.2008

The Cutest Little Soccer Tot



Ella has been having a blast at Soccer Tots. I've enjoyed watching her play and seeing how she interacts in this kind of situation. Mom is there, but not in charge, so it's interesting to she how she responds to instruction, and to get a glimpse into what she may be like in the sports department. Ella has always picked up sports pretty easily and is not timid at all, so I've been surprised to see that she is a little passive when she meets someone who's interested in taking the ball from her. I thought she'd just attack, kinda like I did as a child. Apparently when I played soccer I frequently got in trouble for purposely kicking people in the shins. I swear I was just trying to get the ball . . . Since my girl is so out-going, I didn't expect the trepidation. Actually, I would describe it more as being polite than afraid. When someone closes in on her when she has the ball, she sort of backs off with a smile on her face as if to say "go ahead, you can have it!" We'll have to work on that. I've also noticed that I'm the only Mom that is shouting on the sidelines. Apparently that is not considered normal. Hey, my Mom ran up and down the field with me, she brought the oranges and juice, she made sure our hair was pulled back in the tightest pony tail known to man so our wispy hairs wouldn't distract us from our goal. I have a long line of Soccer Momhood to protect. As long as I keep shouting "get that ball!" "good job!" and "you're running the wrong way!" I think I'm good. Besides, what do I have to lose? After screaming (the good kind) at Aaron during the years and years of sporting events we attended, I think I can officially say I have no shame.
BTW Ella is in the light pink baseball hat and turquoise tee.

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

Both Ella & Adam have that sweet tender heart toward others. Remember when Adam played coed basketball and he would give the ball to the girls! Of course we want to foster that off the field and court, but on the field or court it's............kill them!!!
LOL