
















We just got back from our 3rd annual trip to the Oregon coast with the kids. We went with our besties again, but this time we rented a condo and it was a blast! The kids were so good on the long drive there, and all 6 of them were awesome during our little vacation. The weather was gorgeous the entire time, and if you know anything about the Oregon/Washington coast, you know that's a miracle in and of itself. The first year we went we had Ella and I was prego with Dawson. Last year he was only 6 months old, so I was really excited for this trip so I could see him walking on the beach. It took him a day to feel comfortable with the new surroundings, my sensitive boy needs time to adjust. Sand, loud waves, cold water, wind, sleeping in the same room with the whole fam . . . Dawson had issues with all of these at first, but he was a trooper and was digging in the sand, running around and sleeping great in no time. Last year Diane had kidney stones, it rained NON-STOP and Ella got the stomach flu which required an early trip home, so it wouldn't have taken much to make this year better. But it was PERFECT! As always, I shed some tears leaving. I absolutely love the ocean but more importantly, it's just so nice to get away, especially with our favorite people. All of us went through withdrawals the first couple of days home. We got used to waking up to a house full of babies and friends. Vacation with kids certainly isn't relaxing but it is so worth it. While the chaos is fresh in our mind I think I can easily convince Todd to go away with just me next. If I close my eyes and concentrate, I can still hear the screams Dawson emitted on the 9 hour drive home . . . Highlights:
The weather!
Dawson chasing after Todd at the beach
Ella flying her new kite (and every other stranger's) at the beach
Ella flying her new kite (and every other stranger's) at the beach
Girl Time with Kel and D at Cannon Beach
Watching Shane play Guitar Hero on the Wii
Late night heart-to-hearts
Apples to Apples
Nolan smiling at me with his flirty grin
Diane's re-enactment of R.C.'s tubby time conversation
Richie singing the Ricky Ticky Taco song
Rocky waving his hands to the song mentioned above
Waves of Grain bakery
Livi and Ella coordinating their outfits for the day

1 comment:
Ahhh...so jealous! This is actually one of my goals in life. To vacation with friends and kids! You're so lucky Laura! What priceless memories!
Post a Comment