I'm so proud of Dawson, he went pee pee in the potty TWICE! I haven't had ANY expectations in this dept, first of all because he turned just turned 2 a couple of weeks ago (Ella basically potty trained herself at 2 years one month, but I realize this is not the norm so I certainly wouldn't expect it), and secondly because, well, he's Dawson. We were just hoping to have him potty trained, out of his crib and not sucking his thumb by kindergarten. So imagine my surprise when he decided he can go potty like a big boy! I'm sure it will be a long time from now before it's official, but still so exciting!
I have the potty chair on the floor of his closet (am I the only one who uses the kids' closets as storage?) and he drug it out about a month or two ago. So before bath he likes to sit on it, and periodically will grab a piece of toilet paper and pat his unit for effect. About 2 weeks ago I took his diaper off for tubby time, and he said "poo poo, poo poo!" and ran to the bathroom and went tinkle in the potty!! Okay, he actually over shot and got the floor, so we'll use the term "went in the potty" loosely. So, he tried again 2 nights ago and sure enough, tinkle again. I'm so proud of you Buddy!
3 comments:
So, this blog post is better than all the other ones that keep making me cry. I had a good laugh at all of new Ellaisms as well...
:-)
I have been praying for that you know!! It is my way to help you out when the twins come. Love Mommy
I have been praying for that you know!! It is my way to help you out when the twins come. Love Mommy
Post a Comment