

Happy 39th birthday Mom. Yah right, you wish! My Mom is pretty fantastic. She has always been there for me and Stephy and I know how lucky I am to have her. She was the Mom that brought oranges and juice to our soccer games, made our Halloween costumes and actually dressed up herself to go trick-or-treating with us, she was always cooking and baking something delicious and somehow kept our house spotless even when she was working. When she did decide to stay home with us full-time, she still kept busy volunteering at church, at the Crisis Pregnancy Center, doing Meals on Wheels. My Mom likes to take care of people and it shows. My Mom is a work horse and she was always doing something in the yard or around the house, even things that a lot of people would consider to be "man's work." I think I inherited that from her since I got in trouble the other day when Todd came home and noticed the pile of tree limbs I'd accumulated by sawing them off the pines out back. One of my favorite memories of my Mom is that she would wake up at 5:30 with my Dad to make sure he had his breakfast and to spend time with him before he left for work. I always knew that she loved us girls a TON, but I also knew my Dad was #1 and that was actually comforting. I've learned so much from watching her over the years, and she still shows her love for us by loving her grandbabies, by being a listening ear or a helping hand. If I can be half these things to my own kids, then I will have done well. I love you Mom, thank you for being you.
"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
Proverbs 31: 26-30
1 comment:
Thank you for the sweet words. I have always loved being yours and Stephy's momma. You both make me so proud and I love seeing Jesus in you. Hugs and Kisses
Post a Comment