
It snowed on Spring Break. It's called SPRING Break for a reason, right? I was quite annoyed, and my sister knows me well so I came home from running errands in the SNOW and found this...guess I'll have to settle for Summer in a bottle for now.
Cousin Gabe and Ella

Bowling!
Ella, Auntie D, R.C. and Rocky

Olivia and the kids doing puzzles. I missed Nolan by a hair, he got off the bench just as I snapped the picture. Even the sport mode on my camera couldn't catch him this time:-)
My niece Bethanne, friend Malia, and niece Rachel getting a pedicure.
Ella was on Spring Break this past week so our Tuesday and Thursday were free, doesn't sound like a big deal I guess, but I was actually really looking forward to it. We started the festivities over the weekend, which was Mommy's Spring Break. My Mom came into town so we celebrated her birthday by getting pedicures, going to dinner, dessert...ahh, bliss. Then the kids and I met some of our favorite people at the bowling alley for the afternoon. Ella actually did really well, she has quite an arm and I think she wound up denting the floor with her exuberant bowling. Dawson was interested at first, but was happier on Mom's lap after a couple of rounds, and Sis was thrilled to take his place and have 2 turns in a row. We had some more of our favorite people over for lunch another day (our other buddies wound up getting sick so they couldn't join us). The kids played, the Mommies talked (in our usual random fashion when the kids are around), we nibbled on croissant sandwiches, Coke, brownies - a good day in my book. Later in the week we took cousin Gabe to Jump 'n Play then out for lunch and sundaes. I took my tween twin nieces and our friend's daughter out for a pedicure and again, ice cream. We finished off the week by having the whole family over for coffee and dessert, and since Todd's Aunt Diane was here visiting from Texas she was able to join us for the evening. She is a sweetie and brought gifts for the twins - they now have their first official matching outfits. It was a great week and has me chomping at the bit for Summer to come when we aren't really tied to a schedule. Let freedom ring!
Ella, Auntie D, R.C. and Rocky
Olivia and the kids doing puzzles. I missed Nolan by a hair, he got off the bench just as I snapped the picture. Even the sport mode on my camera couldn't catch him this time:-)
My niece Bethanne, friend Malia, and niece Rachel getting a pedicure.
Ella was on Spring Break this past week so our Tuesday and Thursday were free, doesn't sound like a big deal I guess, but I was actually really looking forward to it. We started the festivities over the weekend, which was Mommy's Spring Break. My Mom came into town so we celebrated her birthday by getting pedicures, going to dinner, dessert...ahh, bliss. Then the kids and I met some of our favorite people at the bowling alley for the afternoon. Ella actually did really well, she has quite an arm and I think she wound up denting the floor with her exuberant bowling. Dawson was interested at first, but was happier on Mom's lap after a couple of rounds, and Sis was thrilled to take his place and have 2 turns in a row. We had some more of our favorite people over for lunch another day (our other buddies wound up getting sick so they couldn't join us). The kids played, the Mommies talked (in our usual random fashion when the kids are around), we nibbled on croissant sandwiches, Coke, brownies - a good day in my book. Later in the week we took cousin Gabe to Jump 'n Play then out for lunch and sundaes. I took my tween twin nieces and our friend's daughter out for a pedicure and again, ice cream. We finished off the week by having the whole family over for coffee and dessert, and since Todd's Aunt Diane was here visiting from Texas she was able to join us for the evening. She is a sweetie and brought gifts for the twins - they now have their first official matching outfits. It was a great week and has me chomping at the bit for Summer to come when we aren't really tied to a schedule. Let freedom ring!
No comments:
Post a Comment