1.28.2010
I started reading at Twilight and finished at the Break of Dawn
I did it!! I started in November and last week I finally finished the Twilight series and I really loved it. I read the first 3 super fast but was a little slower on the last. I was afraid I was going to hate the ending, but it was perfect. I haven't read a whole lot for pleasure the past several years. College ruined me in that department since I had a sick amount of reading to do every day. And since then, when I do pick up a book to read, it's usually been a pregnancy book, a parenting book or something "serious." So this was a great escape, something that had me heading to my spot on the couch once the kids were tucked into bed. All together it was about 3 thousand pages, yikes! Apparently this series was geared toward teenagers (not that I'd let my teens read it if I had any around) so I'm not sure what that says about me, but I don't care, so there (see how mature I am). Todd kept teasing me and comparing his vampire/werewolf expertise from movies to what was in the book. We'd argue over whose facts were "true." "What do you mean she saw herself in a mirror, vampires can't see their reflection," "Yes they can, what are you talking about!" And so on... I'm a sucker for a good love story and this fits the bill. It's a battle between the heart and mind - do you choose the one who is best for you, but that you don't love as passionately? The hunky werewolf, or the romantic, slender vampire? I was surprised at who I picked....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Were they the "best vampire books ever"!?
How did Todd get to be such an expert in all things vamp.? Answers some questions from the past!
Shhhhhh, I am telling one of my deep, dark secrets - I love them too. I read them in a week and a friend and I went to a 9:00p.m. showing of Twilight and then stayed for the midnight showing of New Moon.
My friends warned me I'd get hooked. They did the same thing and watched Twilight and then New Moon on opening night. Wish you were here, we could see Eclipse on opening night together this summer! Love and miss you.
Post a Comment