2.18.2010

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get...

I found this Mama's Boy tee for Dawson at Target, but they didn't have the right size for the twins:(


All of my Valentines. Dawson is clearly enjoying being a big brother since he can't even stand being touched by one of the babies. Note to self: 2 years old was way too soon to bring home TWO baby brothers to Dawson

Precious

On Valentine's Day it was Ella that made me melt like a cheap chocolate heart on the car dashboard in July. She climbed into bed, which isn't unusual for any of the kids, but she was rubbing my arm and my hair sweetly and then she asked how I slept and what I dreamt about. Then she hopped up and said she was going to pick out my clothes for the day. It was so cute, she had one of my nice black shirts laid out and one of my chunky gold necklaces, a bit sophisticated for a Sunday at home, but of course I happily slipped it on. As I was getting dressed I realized that she was doing for me what I do for her everyday - wake her up and ask her how she slept, run my fingers through her hair, pick out her clothes... The best part came when she asked me to warn her when I was coming downstairs, so I played along and called out "okay, I'm coming down!" and as I came down, there she was at the bottom of the stairs blowing bubbles for me to walk through. It was one of the cutest things in the world. Then she handed me an envelope, she'd written "Mom once you open this you'll be amazed" and inside was some change from her piggy bank. My eyes are tearing up again just writing this, she is so adorable. I had their Valetine plates already set up on the kitchen table with all their treats, and yes, I let them eat some of their chocolates at 8 am. What good is a holiday if you can't be a bit naughty?
Todd and I don't usually exchange gifts for Valentine's Day, anniversary, stuff like that. If we do, I usually get him something simple, a DVD, a book, make him his favorite pie or treat...So I got him a new Gonzaga zip-up and grabbed myself some goodies at See's and called it good. So imagine my surprise when there was a gift bag for me with a cute little blue iPod inside!! Our CD player broke this summer so I've been listening to my tunes on the laptop, not the greatest acoustics, but I have to have my music so it works. So this was the perfect gift and I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ella is such a doll! You are one lucky momma to be surrounded by all that preciousness! I feel so much better that I'm not the only one who gives their children a chocolate at 8am V-day morning. I figure one day out of the year is ok?!!! R.C. even asked twice, "We can eat this mama? for breakfast?" Glad you had a sweet day :)

Loves,
D