
Ella won an award at school, I'm really proud of my girl! It was a merit award for the whole semester. Of course kindergartners don't get good grades, they don't get grades at all, so she received the
friendship, caring and sharing award. How sWeeT is that?! Since she is in the afternoon class she wasn't able to receive her award at the big assembly, but she didn't know and probably wouldn't have cared anyway. Along with her official award she got a gift certificate for Red Robin and was tickled pink about that. While Mr. Meyer was doing their chapel service (he does a repeat of the school's Wednesday chapel, complete with power point, for just her class since they miss it in the morning) and preparing to announce that she had won, she was holding hands with Tyler. Oh my heart can't take it!! I can't stand it! Kindergartners have got to be the most adorable creatures on the planet. They are so naughty and so stinkin' adorable at the same time. Speaking of naughty, Ella is right up there with the best of 'em at times, but she is really growing into a thoughtful, helpful, and caring girl. I am by no means saying that Ella is perfect, she got a yellow card for going into the boys bathroom and when I asked why in the world she did that she said "the boys were callin' me in there, and I wanted to see what things looked like in there." A perfectly good reason in her eyes. But as if she didn't have enough to manage with the naughty voices in her head, she's surrounded by a room full of energetic boys with some naughty ideas of their own. But she's holding her own and still finding a way to shine and stand out, in a good way, and I couldn't ask for more than that. They say the eyes are the window to the soul, and I like what I see behind those baby blues...
Here are a couple of examples of conversations I've had the privelage of overhearing while waiting with Ella in line to go to class. Lord only knows what goes on after that.
*One of her classmates said to her in line "I've got a treat for you Ella" and when Ella asked what it was he said "a toot!" and proceeded to bestow this so-called "treat" upon her.
* Another one of the boys gave me an interesting hand gesture and said with eyes as big as saucers "just so you know, that's sign language for a really bad word in Chinese." All I could think to say is "well, I guess it's good I'm not Chinese then."
1 comment:
HOORAY for Ella!! Ninnie loves you sweetie!
Post a Comment