2.12.2010
My Mitchy
Mitch is turning out to be such a little lover. He's so snuggly and sweet, usually. Instead of being high-maintenance in general, he prefers to have a few good days in row and then follows it up with a day of pure rotteness. He is still pretty low key, until it comes to food. Well, milk I should say. He still can't stand solid food and I've never seen a baby react to applesauce with such disgust and confusion. So he's content with a liquid diet for now and of course his thumb. I thought Dawson was a professional thumb-sucker, but he's a novice compared to this little guy. When he does unlatch his grip on this wrinkly, chapped digit - which is rare, the sound of the suction being released can be heard across continents. He still doesn't have much hair, just a layer of silky, blonde peach fuzz that is oh so soft and just begs to be rubbed. Charlie is brawny, but Mitch is the brains behind the operation. He is saying "hi" now, seriously, I'm not lying. Okay, don't believe me, it won't hurt my feelings but it's still true. Even Todd gave me the "sure Honey, sure the baby says hi" look until Mitch said hi to him. Now he's a believer. It's SO cute, he says it really high-pitched and mimics me exactly. He also has this coy look he likes to give when he's really trying to reel me in. When I talk to him sweetly he lays his head on one shoulder and moves just his eyes to one side in a sort of "me, cute? I couldn't possibly be" look of false humility. Mitchy loves to snuggle and bury his head against my neck when I pick him up, and if I try to pull him away to look at his face he drops his head fast and hard so he can snuggle back in. He's definitely finding a spot in the long and lean category. The twins started out weighing just 4 oz apart, but Charlie has over 2 pounds on him now. Mitch has his ways of torturing Charlie, he is a stealth toy stealer and leaves poor Charlie crying when he swipes something right out of his hands. He has fabulous long lashes, the sweetest coos, the softest skin... This little boy is pure heaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment