2.07.2010

A moment on the lips, forever on the hips...

So everybody knows that I love my treats, and ice cream and I are like this (I'm crossing my fingers). I made a discovery that I wish I hadn't - these little tubs of ice cream that I found at Target. I'm kind of an ice cream snob, I really only like Dreyer's, Tillamook, Haagen-Dazs, you know, the good stuff. So I did a little happy dance when I saw these AND when I realized they were only a dollar and some change. A dollar?! Seriously, how often can you buy happiness for just a buck? It's my little reward for surviving another trip to Target with the kids (I get one for them too, I'm not that mean). And while I'm talking about ice cream...have you ever looked at the serving suggestion on the tub? It caught my eye a few weeks back because I saw in the "calories" category that it was only a hundred and something (okay, a hundred and ninety, but it still had the word "hundred" in it) and I thought "hey, that's not bad. I'm getting some calcium, some protein, I don't need to feel guilty about this" and then I looked a little closer. Not something I ever plan to do again on a nutrition label because it said the serving size was a 1/2 cup!!! Are you joking me?! Who in the world scoops out only 1/2 a cup of ice cream into their bowl? Not me, that's for darn sure. But the beautiful thing about these is that they are already rationed out so I can't over-indulge. That is unless I bought 2 of them, which I would never, ever do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the good stuff- you forgot about Ben & Jerry's! Those little tubs are deliciously DANGEROUS!!! You could use a little "forever" on those hips tiny-so eat up :)

~D

LAURA said...

How could I forget!! I wonder if I left them out because me subconcious is still mad that they discontinued Rain Forest Crunch.