Dawson decided he wanted a
Grinch BiRtHdaY party about 10 minutes after I starting cleaning up from the pirate party last year, and he's been talking about it ever since. He loves
The Grinch, weird I know, but what can you do when your son is in love with a fuzzy green, crabby creature? As his birthday got closer I started getting a little nervous - how do you pull off a
Grinch party exactly? Pirate party, easy. Princess party, a cinch. Sports, Cars, Jungle, Tools, Barbie...no problem. But
The Grinch? Everything Suess-like is SO animated, so crazy and colorful and...
pretend! I couldn't find hardly anything pre-made to help a poor girl out. But he insisted despite my last-minute effort to divert his attention toward an easier theme. So I did my best, and luckily this
almost 4 year old had very few requests, and the rest was just icing on the cake. He wanted, of course,
The Grinch to be represented, he also wanted pizza, natural Cheetos, orange soda and gum. Oh, and he requested a cake
and cupcakes. The mayor of Whoville (Todd) was out of town on business for the 6 days leading up to the party, so some of my
Grinchy plans didn't come to fruition, I just ran out of time and energy. But he was thrilled with every little detail, and he actually helped me with a lot of it. In the end, it looked like Christmas threw up in our house, and if you haven't seen
The Grinch a zillion times like we have, I'm sure some of it was down right confusing. We did his party a couple of weeks ago, an
after-Christmas
Grinch party just wouldn't be the same. And I think it helped me keep the tears in check knowing he wasn't (and still isn't, yahoo!) really
4 yet. I love you my sweet boy, I hope your party made you feel as special as you are.
And thank you to all of our friends and family for sharing this celebration with us, and a
BiG thanks to those of you those of you who helped in some way. The great paintings (Bethanne), the awesome cake (Siri,) taking pictures (Kel), the perfect icy punch bowl for the Grinch green punch and cardboard for The Grinch's cliff (D), and to my Mom for helping me on Thursday and Friday so I could pull off this party while Todd was away!

I forgot to save a finished invitation, oops, but here's the front...

and the back, minus the frills

The Roast Beast cake was hilarious. It was red velvet cake inside, "rare" just like a Roast Beast should be. Siri did such a good job, and we had a few good laughs while she assembled the neck:)

The unveiling - this is Dawson getting his 1st glimpse of the Roast Beast. It was so cute, he pumped his fists and said "
Yes! I LOVE it!!"

"The Whos down in Whoville love Christmas a lot, but the Grinch, who lived just north of Whoville, did
not..."
1 comment:
It was my pleasure! I had a great time making it:)
Post a Comment