5.14.2011

Daddy Daughter Hoe Down


Todd was out of town last year for the Daddy Daughter date night at school, so they were both so excited about it this year. The theme was perfect for Todd, it was a western night, right up his alley. I love the way little girls love their Daddys, it is so precious and such a special bond. I only snapped a couple of pictures before they left, and since it was such a rush to get them out the door after Todd had just made it home from work, I forgot to send the camera! Noooo!!! Todd said Ella was such a social butterfly and that everyone was doting on her. The highlight of the evening was line dancing, which Ella absolutely loved and talked about for days {apparently some of the other Dads were teasing Todd since it was obvious this wasn't his 1st time swinging someone around on the dance floor}. But the first thing she said when she came busting through the door was "I lassoed Daddy on the first try!" I didn't know what she was talking about until Todd told me that one of the activities was for the Daddys to kneel on the floor, and their little girl had to lasso them with a rope ~ sort of the way a daughter captures their heart for good. Todd said Ella swung the rope around and around a few times and roped him on the first try. That's my girl, a little farm chick at heart. I actually got a lump in my throat looking at her sweet expression while he told me about it. I would've given a hundred bucks to be a fly on the wall so I could've seen that.

No comments: