"Dear Jesus, thank you for this good dinner Mommy made and thank you that Daddy's not in Pittsburg. Thank you that Mommy made me a special quilt like Ella's. Keep us all healfee (healthy) and help Charwee not to scream and whine all the time. Jesus name, amen"
The babies have been folding their hands when we pray and I just can't stand how stinking cute they are. I really do want to bite their little cheeks.
I was at a meeting and they read a quote from a book that I loved. So many times when I pray I'm really just bringing a laundry list of things I want to God, with a quick "oh and by the way, thank you for..." This reminded me that I need to do less talking and more listening.
"We don't pray so God can hear from us,
we pray so we can hear from Him."
No comments:
Post a Comment