5.25.2011

Every Day is Mother's Day

When I was a kid, I remember asking my Mom why there's Mother's Day and Father's Day, but no Kid's Day. She said "well that's because every day is kid's day!" So true:) But honestly, I'd say every day is Mother's Day. I am so grateful for my kids, so glad I get to spend every day with them and that I don't have to miss a single thing. It's not always sunshine and roses and sugar plums, but it really is the good life. My heart has never been as full as it is because of these precious people I get to call mine.
I had a great Mother's Day, and it started on Friday because Ella was so excited to show me what she'd made at school that she couldn't stand herself. So she went up to my room for a bit, then called me up when she was ready...The door was shut and she was holding a sign that said "Hooray for Mother's Day! You are the heerow (hero)!" Now I was supposed to close my eyes, so she led me over by my nightstand and said "okay, open your eyes!" At this exact moment she threw a fistful of homemade confetti at me, which was so hilarious.Then she showed me all of her crafty treasures ~  a petunia in a pot that she'd painted, and a decoupaged jar of "flowers" made out of egg cartons, and a card. This is what it said:
"Mom, you are loving, you hug me sometimes and kiss me too. Mom, you are caring, when I get hurt you help me. Mom, you are funny. You  make weird faces and dance kinda funny. Mom, you are nice. You always snuggle with me at night. Mom, you are thankful, when I make you a picture you say "Ella, thank you so much." Mom, you are honest, you always tell me the truth." And one of my favorite things was one of the coupons she made me. The pre-written page was "Give one _______, get 3 free! and she filled in the blank with "dance" which was so incredibly cute, and so Ella. What a great deal, I only have to dance once and I get 3 back, for free!
So on Sunday, after sleeping in until 7:40 which was pure bliss, I was greeted with another stack of homemade cards. Dawson made me one of a very hairy spider, and Ella left some on my bedside table again. And by the way, Ella and Dawson collected wild flower blossoms and sprinkled them all over my room and nightstand, which was so precious. One card is in the picture above, the other said: "Happy Mother's day, you are the sweetest one I've ever seened." (clearly she doesn't know what she's talking about). So I continued with the lazy day theme and hung out in my robe until I quickly packed us a picnic lunch and reluctantly got dressed after NOT showering {because I was that lazy}. And we were off to my favorite breakfast spot, Chap's. I got to see  some of my most favorite people ever, and had a very cheerful and chaotic breakfast, which we followed up with a trip to the park. The kids had a blast playing together, the big people chatted and chased little people. The pictures I got of the kids are beyond adorable. I love the expressions and body language in each of the pictures, they love each other so much! The rest of the day was spent relaxing and playing in the yard with my sweet family. And yes, I did eventually shower:)


1 comment:

Kelli said...

Was a FUN mother's day! Love that our kids enjoy each other so much, and play/get along so well...makes it so nice when the whole lot of us our out in public ;) Eagle Ridge park...by far one of my favorite parks in Spokane, if it had a splashpad it would be an A+, but it's still an A! You got some great pictures, I will have to grab a few from ya ;)