In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand
In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand
I will stand, I will stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground, all other ground
Is sinking sand, is sinking sand
So I stand
We had a very laid back Easter, which was really nice. We were trying to get the house ready to put on the market, so Saturday we did a lot of yard work and organizing, but still had a great time playing in the sunshine with the kids, coloring eggs, going out for pizza, going through our ressurection eggs, and then off to church on Sunday. Our pagers went off during the 2nd song alerting us that the nursery workers were yet again tired of listening to our twins cry. Poor babies, I have a knack for raising very clingy, very dependent children. Not good. So we kind of chuckled, we'd hoped but not expected to make it to the actual sermon. Maybe an Easter miracle? Not this year, or the one before, or the one before...So we headed to the parent's room with all 3 boys (Dawson was already with us, he was crying too), it was packed, and hotter than Hades, and then the sound cut out. Perfect. So we had to get Ella out of class, which I always feel so bad about. She loves and needs church just like the rest of us, but her pesky little brothers always cramp her style. I guess we'll wait for yet another sermon to download so we can listen to it online, sigh. So we went home for a picnic in the yard ~ egg salad sammys, chips, pickles, pop and our Easter egg hunt. Mitchy was so cute, when he found an egg, he'd dump all his out to put with the new one. Then he went off into the woods and just filled his bucket with rocks that he found. So precious. We talked with the kids about the eggs symbolize the new life we can have in Jesus. And they are filled with sweet things, just like our lives can be when we give our hearts to Him. The kids have been ansy to light up the fire pit, so we planned all week for a hot dog roast. I made potato salad and baked beans, then we had s'mores, because who makes a fire and doesn't roast marshmallows? I didn't take a bunch of pictures of the day, I really wanted to enjoy the day with both eyes, instead of just one behind my camera;)
2 comments:
Amen! I love that song....and thank you for the reminder of what Easter truly means.....My sweet Friend died for ME and arose and now lives to set me FREE!!!!
Too cute! I love little Mitchy's attention to detail, and how he analyzes things. I had forgotten about Liv's resurrection basket she made in K until the night before easter =( Such a great/simple way for the kids to really understand that "Jesus paid all!" BTW, Jesus paid it all, as well as In Christ alone are 2 of my very favorite songs! Especially In Christ Alone, it really says it all doesn't it?! Glad you had a mellow, simple Easter. The picnic sounded grand!
Post a Comment