9.14.2011

1st day in the 2nd grade!

I miss Ella, I hate that she's gone at school all day. This Mama hen would much rather have all her chicks in the nest. It seems too quiet around here without her, kinda funny that it feels that way since there are still 3 little boys at home. But it's lacking her happy chatter, and dramatic singing, and brother bossing, and back-talking, and whistling...Ok, I'll be honest, I don't miss the whistling. She does it incessantly and makes me crazy. I just think about her all day and wonder if I'll miss something that I should be there for. We have a hatch of bright, white butterflies every year around this time, and today as she's at school and I'm outside with the boys, I'm thinking of Ella. She would love to see them fluttering around our yard, like giant, happy snowflakes. They are literally everywhere and I want to show her, I want to have her laying next to me on this chaise with our chips and salsa. She'd probably be climbing a tree and leaping out of it with her bug net, desperately trying to snatch some mid-air. Oh Bean, I love you and wish the goodbyes would get easier. You exploit my flaws like no one else, but you are such a part of my heart and soul. Even though I miss you, you are exactly where you should be. Here's to your adventures in 2nd grade, may they many, and may they be magnificent! xoxo

Ella loves her new teacher, she prayed all summer that she would get Mrs. Gibson. I'm sure the other 2nd grade teacher is fabulous too, but Ella had her heart set. She was thrilled when we got the class list! Mrs. T had a big hand in making this a reality, thanks Katie for your incredible love and care, you and God make a great team;) So on the very 1st day of school, this email came through...
Subject: SWEET Ella
I'm so glad I have Ella in my class!  She told me how glad she was to have me as her teacher.  :)   She told me she prayed EVERY DAY this summer to have me as her teacher.  When we were walking down the hall together she asked me, "Do you think GOD told Mrs. Trembecky that you should be my teacher?"  ELLA I LOVE YOU ALREADY!

No comments: