9.06.2011

# 4th of July! #$

Here are some pictures of 4th of July weekend. We did the celebration at the lake a day early since the 4th fell on a Monday, and staying up for fireworks is a lot more fun if you don't have to get up and go to work the next morning. Our little family had to split up though, so that was kind of a bummer. Mitchy had a cold and I didn't want to expose all the other kids, but Ella and Dawson knew about our plans to play at the lake and were heartbroken when they heard we might have to stay home. So Todd took one for the team and stayed home with the littles, and I took the bigs to the lake. Even though I would've much rather been there with the whole family, looking at the bright side it was relaxing in a way to not have to watch two 2 year olds by the lake, or worry about naps, or have to leave before the fireworks if they went to the dark side.

  

 
The next day we planned to do little fireworks at our house and just relax and play in the yard. Right before dinner Dawson went down for the count with a little tummy bug, no barfs just a terrible stomach ache and body aches, so he just layed around on the big blanket in the yard. He didn't even want to do fireworks, poor guy:( Todd made some interesting firework choices, he wanted to have some the kids could do during the day. I guess they're called snakes, but I called them flaming piles of poo and before too long Charlie was asking for "more poop." Charlie also loved the "real" fireworks we bought, and the ones that they let off at the school, Mitch hid in the house and peeked out the slider. I finally got him to come out for a minute and sit in my lap, but not for long!
Seriously, these go against everything I believe fireworks should be. They aren't colorful, or pretty, or sparkly, or loud.
 
HaPpY BiRtHdAy America!

1 comment:

KELLI said...

I want summer to start over again! It started SO LATE this year and so I feel like we haven't had much time to really enjoy it. Fun pictures!