9.25.2011

Mickey Mouse's House


We had a great time at Disneyland! My parents came super late Wednesday night, well technically Thursday morning, to watch the kids. As soon as my Dad gave me a hug hello, I burst into tears, I was having such a hard time leaving the kids:( But just a couple of hours later it was time to go, 3 am and we were up and at 'em to catch our plane. The last of the tears were on the way to the airport, and then there wasn't time for that nonsense because the airport was a zoo, we thought we were going to miss our plane there for a second. Who knew the airport was so crowed at 4:45 in the morning! We made it to Disneyland earlier than we ever have, we really wanted to get there as soon as we could since the park closed at 6 pm that day. I think we were through the gates and into the Magic Kindom by 10:30 in the morning. Let the magic begin...
The first day was hardest being away from the kids, I felt like my body was at Disneyland and my heart was back home. But we had a blast and laughed and ate, and laughed and ate...It was a hot one, 102* the 1st day, but we just went back to our hotel and enjoyed the pool and cooled off. Last minute we had switched from a hotel that we'd booked, which would've been free for us, to one at Disneyland, and we were SO glad we did. It made all the difference in making it feel like a real vacation. Our pool side lunches and drinks wound up being some of the funnest times, so it was well worth it!
The 2nd day the weather was perfect, and I only checked in 27 times with my parents, improvement from the day before. I felt so much better knowing they had slept well {except Charlie, surprise, surprise} and we were one day closer to coming home. Plus, they kept sending me cute texts of the kids eating s'mores, or drinking shakes, or playing with the cousins, so I knew they were having fun. It was tricky finding a quiet place to call the kids, I didn't want Ella to figure out where we were! I had packed a big bag of little things for the kids to open during the days we were gone, but I don't think that was necessary since Ninny and Papa didn't need any of my help spoiling them. By Day 3 I had the hang of it and was really able to enjoy the day and not worry, now I'm already ready for another trip;) Even though several of the "big" rides were closed, which was a bummer, the silver lining was that it wasn't very crowded. And on the last day it rained and was kinda chilly, so it really cleared out!
Here are the highlights:
Did I mention pool side lunches and drinks?! This was the part of our vacation that felt like vacation. Ahhh, pure bliss. Nachos with home made chips. Margarita {Coke in my case}. Sun. Pool. Need I say more?
We went on Splash Mountain, a LOT. The 1st day I got so wet it was literally like I took a shower in my clothes! Perfect on a blazing hot day:)
 
For the past few trips, we've eaten at Blue Bayou for our special meal at Disneyland, but since Pirates was closed and so was Bayou,we went to the hotel restaurant for our fancy dinner. We took our picture right before, I was laughing because Todd was holding my tummy like I was pregnant. I kind of look like it by this point in the vacation.
When we were inside the cue for Star Tours, I felt something cold on my shoulder and I turned around and a Storm Trooper was resting his chin on my shoulder. It made me and the girl next to me jUmP, and then we cracked up laughing {Mom & Steph, remember the guy at the Haunted Mansion on Halloween that jumped on our carriage?! I think that guy moved to Star Tours;)}
The *fireworks ** at Disneyland really are spectacular. They had the most beautiful, twinkly, falling ones this year, and one that burst into the shape of a star {have you ever seen those D?! I thought of you!}. Of course all of this is timed to AmAzInG music, totally magical. I snapped this picture while waiting for the fireworks to start. We stopped to watch the entire show Saturday night, Tinkerbell always takes flight, but  Dumbo joined her this time, so cute:)
This is the Toy Story 3 ride at California Adventures, it was our 1st time on it, super cute! Todd liked it because he beat me at this shooting game. I always beat the pants off him on the Buzz Lightyear ride.
Yes, we went on all the kiddie rides. We said it was in honor of the Rufflings, but honestly, it's because I like them {especially at night}. Just before the park closed, on our last night, we were in line for Casey Jr. and we were laughing that you really can't get any farther removed from reality than Disneyland. Here are 2 adults, standing in line at 10 pm to get on a toy train, with white twinkle lights illuminating rose covered arbors above us, and below us, Storybook Land's tiny little villages. We had just finished eating a churro and hot chocolate, all while magical music is in the air and beautiful fireworks are lighting up the sky right over
our heads.
We had fun being silly, as you can tell. Here we are impersonating masks at the Tiki Room. Why? Why wouldn't you?
I thought this was so cute ~ shilouette of Mickey ears with a train full of screaming Disneylanders in the background:)
Todd wanted me to buy this t-shirt. Very funny...Dad, remember talking them into letting me on rides even though I was too short? And I'd wear the tallest tennis shoes I had:)
Here's the view from our room. We had a view of the parking lot originally, but there was a plumbing problem because of some construction, so they moved us, not bad huh?! Thank goodness for plumbing problems:)
 Another view from our balcony.
 The cutest shower curtain ever, I want one. I asked Todd if he thought the hotel would notice if I took it;)
Goodbye Happiest Place on Earth, see ya real soon...
Mom and Dad, we can't thank you enough for making this little getaway possible, knowing the kids were safe and happy with you made all the difference. Aunt Steph, Uncle Dave and cousins too! As Charlie says, "you're best!"
My Mom called the day after we got back to tell me a few cute things about the kids and said that she'd lost 4 pounds during the 4 days she was here. I wish I had that problem! Hey Mom, any time you feel like you want to lose a few pounds let us know and we can go away again. We just want you to be healthy. Really, any time;)
And it was quickly back to reality. The morning after we got back, Charlie threw up all over the car when we were taking Ella to school, followed by Mitchy about 5 minutes later. Luckily it was a fluke puke, thank you Lord. And that night, {after sleeping well for my parents} Dawson was up, then Charlie, then Mitchy, then Dawson again. I swear kids can smell their Mom a mile away. And to be honest, I was secretly happy to have them snuggling in bed with me after 3 nights without them.

No comments: