9.07.2011

And we're off...

Todd and I are going on a little getaway tomorrow, we will be up at 3 am {which is just a few hours from now, yikes!} and on a plane... to Disneyland! I know, I know, not exactly what some couples would envision as the ideal vacation without the kids. But I think Disneyland is romantic:) It was kind of a spur of the moment decision, which is probably for the best since the longer I have to think about it, the harder it is to leave. I know we need to, but I cried myself to sleep just thinking about how I won't see the kids' sweet faces for 3 days. I've tried over and over, unsucessfully, to talk Todd into bringing the kids. It doesn't help that Ella and Dawson have been in tears on and off all day, it's breaking my heart. I have a knot in my tummy and a lump in my throat right now, but hopefully it's nothing a churro and a ride on Pirates of the Carribean Space Mountain can't fix. {Pirates of the Carribean is closed, sniffle}. Sorry for the whining, it probably sounds ungrateful and ridiculous. I know we'll have a blast, I just wish my Mama's heart was a little tougher.
So hopefully we will come home relaxed and ready to wrangle the Rufflings with renewed enthusiasm. And no, we didn't tell our kids where we're going, that's just plain mean.
Oh, and say a prayer for my parents, they are the brave souls we enlisted to take care of our kids while we're away. Properly warned you be says I....

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yeah! I think that's a great plan. We try to get away at least once a year, it helps our marriage and helps me to be a better parent. FYI, we went to Disneyworld for our 8th Anniversary leaving the kids behind and we had a blast. We missed the kids but we had such a great time.