12.26.2011

Ella's 8, Let's Celebrate!

Your birth day, just hours old. This picture melts my heart, I LoVe that she's smiling, like she already knows I'm her Mama.
1st morning home
 Christmas Eve, the day before you were due! 11 days old
8 is GrEaT!
I can't believe my baby girls is 8, yowza, that sounds so old! She is such a doll and I just love her to pieces. She is really growing up and is stuck in that weird transition between little girlhood and being a mini Mama. Her birthday fell on a Tuesday, not the most exciting day to celebrate considering school was still in full swing. But luckily that didn't stop our forever friends from celebrating with me and the kids {Todd was in Canada} at Red Robin, per the birthday girl's request. I love the gifts she recieved, it describes her personality perfectly: Barbie make-up and hair kit ~ her girly side, and stilts ~ her circus/freak show/athletic tom-boy side. She giggled with her friends and licked every last drop of chocolate syrup out of her sundae dish before we threw in the towel and headed for home. We will give her a proper birthday party in a couple of weeks now that the Christmas craziness is fizzling out. Giggling girls, balloons, cake, and all sorts of festivities are in the near future.
Ella, I love you Bean. You made me a Mommy and I don't know if I'll ever be able to explain to you how special that makes you. When you become a Mama, then you'll know what you did to my heart. I will never, EVER forget racing to Tacoma in the snow to try {and ultimately fail} to be at your birth. But you were a little stinker and when your birthmom pushed the call light for a nurse, you took that as your signal to enter the world and shot out into the hospital bed, under the sheets, without a doctor or nurse in sight. Lordy, we should've known we were in for it with an entrance like that. But, we made it a few hours later and when I finally laid eyes on you, I instantly couldn't imagine my life without you. I still can't imagine how dull, quiet, and boring {did I mention quiet?} our lives and house would be without you. Sometimes I think we should've named you Joy. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy every day.
 The night before Ella's birthday the kids helped me make these Rice Krispy pops for her school party
Birthday morning! {I made her eat eggs and sausage too, I'm not that nice}
Christmas Mouse was ready to celebrate too!
Ella LoVeS the movie Tangled and is always walking around the house with towels and scarves on her head that she pretends is her super long hair. So on our sneaky get-away to Disneyland, Todd and I saw this Rapunzel hair and had to buy it, then I found a dress later that didn't drain her college fund like the ones at Disneyland. I'm sure she'll thank me later:)
 The boys and I joined Ella at her school celebration, here is her teacher reading the special book her classmates wrote for her.
 Ella, or should I say Rapunzel, and her bestie, Olivia.
My cute friends:)
Ella was a sweet Sis and let the boys use her make-up kit the next night, which they in turn used on me. I had to wash my face twice to get all the lipstick off my face!

3 comments:

Marci said...

Here's to celebrating......ELLA!! Papa and I love you very much!! Jesus gave us a sweet blessing in YOU!

Kelli said...

hi ella it's olivia i saw your moms blog i like it very much i saw the pictures of you on your birthday i like them im glad you like your present from me i had fun with you at redrobin you were so silly with your fakehair on also i had very fun at are sleep over i mist you the day you left infact i cried befor i went to bed becus i mist you so much i hope you

Kelli said...

you had a great christmas. i had fun playing makeup with you, love olivia