Todd and I try to take turns taking the bigger kids on dates every couple of months. They need that special one-on-one time and we really get a kick out of seeing how they blossom explode in the spotlight of undivided attention. Dawson is always with me, but we made plans for our official date in October. I wanted to go to a flea market up at the Grange and was hoping to find something fun to make a headboard for Dawson's bed. Maybe a neat iron gate or a barn door. It was so cute because I called Dawson downstairs when it was time to go and he had put a clip-on tie that was in the dress up drawer on by himself. He said "okay Mom, I'm ready to go on a date with you!" It was so precious. I wanted to get his picture but he is such a major stinker when the camera comes out. It all started with what we call "horse face" when he was 2 years old, and has morphed into a variety of ridiculous expressions, none of which are his sweet smile. So Ella snapped our picture and said that Dawson was doing something weird, so she took it again and said he was still making funny faces, then again... you get the point. I had to include all of the shots because his expressions crack me up, what a turkey. So off we went, and it wound up being a gorgeous, warm night. So warm that we were hot as tamales in that old Grange, and to top it off, it was literally elbow to elbow crowded, so I was mortified when Dawson let off one of his dreaded stink bombs just as I ran into a couple of friends {D, this is another reason we kept our visit short and sweet, I didn't want Dawson to cause your untimely death}. So I took Mr. Stinky Buns to the outside portion of the flea market for everyone's safety, and found an amazing, old, red barn door for his room. We bought some fresh tomatoes, eggplant, onions and peppers on the way out from a little farm stand, then ended the night with his choice of dinner ~ pasta, bread and some of Mommy's Coke {he wanted an ice cream so I wouldn't let him order a pop, even on date night there are some rules}. It's my turn with Ella next and she wants to climb the rock wall at REI, that's my girl:)
Dawson my sweet boy, I cherish my special time with you. Loving you is as easy as breathing.
Then he flipped my hair, what a booger.
Apparently horse face is back again.
No comments:
Post a Comment