1.14.2012

Christmas Cheer

Even though we have had a PATHETIC excuse for winter around here, we did get just enough snow for Christmas Mouse to make a snow angel, this is how we found him on this magical day.
The twins just waking up and coming downstairs, their first glimpse at the presents:)
Clearly Dawson knows some good things are about to happen.
Charlie, my little cleaner/organizer is thinking "Hmmm...why aren't these stockings on the mantle? These are out of place, I must fix this at once!"
This was so sweet, I heard Ella say "give me a Christmas hug, Buddy" and I snapped their picture. I feel like every time the kids do something cute, by the time I get my camera the moment is over, I got lucky this time.
Dawson's new book about tractors and construction equipment. He stopped unwrapping for a while so he could look through it.
Dawson had one Christmas request: a donut maker:) And of course a side of weird expressions comes with the donuts.
Ella wanted slippers, I found these handmade owl ones for 12 bucks, I thought they were so cute!
A new Veggie Tales movie:)
All of Mitchy gifts involved one of 3 things: tractors, trucks, trains.
I never knew I had a weird habit of stuffing the ripped up wrapping paper between my legs until I downloaded this picture. Thanks Hon for always getting the best pictures of me on those rare moments that I'm actually in a picture at all.
Atta girl, Ella's getting pictures on her camera too, she has been well trained. By the way, I bought that camera for Ella the Christmas that Dawson was born. It was on sale for 25 bucks and has lasted 5 years without any problems. She loves it! Such a great gift idea, it even has a few little games on it and "editing" options {like putting viking horns on people, she uses this feature a lot on pictures of me}.
Charlie helping Mama make our traditional Christmas Puffs for breakfast.
I caught Todd playing with this crane by himself, but by the time I got the camera Dawson had joined him. Men really are just big boys;)
Of course Dawson's Christmas Spirit meter was on med-low until we could actually use his donut maker. So after breakfast clean-up it was donut time. I spent sooo much time in the kitchen in December that I should've just drug my mattress down and slept in there.
Me and my little monsters.
  I had to get this shirt for Charlie, so perfect for him: "I am why we can't have nice things."
 My sweet Mom and Dad. They had church Christmas morning then high-tailed it here to celebrate with us that evening. That pretty outfit my Mom is wearing is about to get covered in powdered sugar....My Dad threw me up over his shoulders and spun me around and around, and my Mom decided to whack me on the butt as I went. Well, since I was upside down I wasn't aware that I was just about to kick her. I kicked her plate, which was full of snowball cookies and fudge {I come by my love of sugar honestly} into the air and all over her sweater. One of the snowballs rolled across the floor and landed right in front of Charlie, who, thinking this was his Christmas wish come true, picked it up with wonder and started to eat it. It was the Christmas version of manna, God's delicious provision.
My Sis and Dave.
 
 Charlie was so excited about his Legos, he lifted them up high to show all of us, then proceeded to tip all the back and fell on his head. He has my sense of grace and elegance.
 My sister has a very bizarre endearing love of the Muppets. Yes, we've tried everything, it's just something we have to accept. Now I'm enabling her because I bought her these jammies.
My wierdos and Bethanne. Or is it Bethanta?
 I got this very creepy puppet for Ella at a kiosk in Downtown Disney. I knew she would like it, she's dark and twisty and strange, just like this dog .
 We got Ella a karaoke machine for her Christmas gift! She LoVeS to sing and actually has a sweet voice. I love listening to her belt out songs from Tangled, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast... We've had a lot of fun with it, especially the record & play back feature, talk about blackmail material.
Hope your Christmas was JoLLy!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Thanks for a jolly good time.....It was a wonderful Christmas!