As a stay-at-home Mom I get this question a lot. And don't get me wrong, most of the time people mean well, heck, I've even asked this question myself. And for the record, I've done almost every possible combination of work/college/home-maker and all have their pros and cons. I worked full time and went to college part-time while Aaron lived with us and never missed a soccer game or parent/teacher conference. I also went to nursing school full-time and worked part-time during another period of time while Aaron was at home. I worked until the day before Ella was born, then worked very part-time with her in tow to do books at St. Al's, and I continued to work at the clinic once a week. I stopped there all together about a month before Dawson was born and have been "home" full time since then. No matter how you slice it, being a Mom is tough work.
Here's what I did today:
Vacuumed and dusted 4 of the 5 bedrooms
Vacummed and dusted the family room, living room and dining room
Scrubbed the kitchen and floor
Washed the laundry room floor
Made breakfast, lunch and dinner
Made cookies
Cleaned 2 of the 3 bathrooms top to bottom
Stripped the beds and towels
Did 4 loads of laundry, start to finish
Plus the "usual" games, book reading, nose and hiney wiping etc.
Now if that's not work I don't know what is! Okay, I'm off my soap box now (I need to get into it, I have more laundry to do).
No comments:
Post a Comment