So I escaped for a little while last night just as the kiddos were getting ready to go to bed. I had a great time catching up with some girlfriends, and meeting some new ones. It's so refreshing to be around women who are passionate about their children, husbands, work, but that can laugh, be silly and not take themselves too seriously. We chatted for a couple of hours, covering topics from camping to the books we're reading (I'm reading "A Midwives Tale: The Story of Martha Ballard" and "Don't Make Me Count to Three"). We sat on the patio and enjoyed what we all know are fleeting summer moments in these parts.
I had my suspicions that Dawson would be up when I got home, and this was quickly confirmed as soon as I walked in the door and heard him crying. My poor little Mama's boy. He has to have all his ducks in a row or he just doesn't go nigh-night, and I am duck numero uno. Silky, check. Thumb, check. Fan on, check. Snuggling in Mommy's arms in the rocker. . . once I got home, check.
Out minus the kids, fun girls, great conversation, and polishing off another Sticky Cookie dessert at Twigs, now that's what I call a sweet end to an already great day.
1 comment:
Yes!! I agree..so fun! I wish we would do that more often. It was so great to see you, Laura! And now I'm glad that I can keep up on your life from here...:)
Post a Comment