9.08.2008

What a Day, Ella's Off to Pre-K!




Ella did great on her first day of Pre-K! She was a tiny bit nervous at first, but she got into gear pretty quickly. I think the major factor for success was the company of her BFF Olivia. Ella has grown up so much this past year and it's hard to face facts, my baby girl is not so little anymore. I remember when she turned 1 thinking "it's okay, I can really freak out when she turns 5." Well, that's only 4 months away. The time goes too quickly, I wish each stage lasted twice as long (well maybe not the part where they don't sleep through the night). I'm glad she has a couple hours each week to do something that's just special for her, but Dawson and I miss her. He points to her car seat and says "Ella, Ella" with his hands out as if to say "where is that crazy chick that's usually right there?" But I'm sure she'll have a blast, no annoying baby brother, no lectures from Mom, double the messy projects now that she can do them at home and school. I look forward to all of the stories I will undoubtedly hear at the end of the day. The 100 bucks a month is worth it for the stories alone. Maybe I should make a deal with her teachers - I'll only believe half of what she tells me about school if they only believe half of what she tells them about home.

2 comments:

Stephenie said...

Miss Bean is getting so big! Time flys by when you're having fun!
This blog reminded my of how my "little man" will be 14 on the same day she turns 5! It blows my mind!

The Lochheads said...

This girl is full of life! I love seeing her spunk--visible in all pictures!--and reading her funny stories. Jeff and I have been in stitches over the "try to take me from my mom and I'll bite yer arm" story. You must laugh all day long. What a gem! Can't wait to hear more of Ella's Adventures in Pre-K. :)