9.01.2008

360 Cellars











My friend Sara's wedding was this weekend, and it was beautiful. Sara and I made a lot of memories together during our high school years, she is a special girl, one of a kind. She is drop dead gorgeous, yet totally down to earth. She writes poems that make me cry, but she races stock cars. She is intelligent and compassionate, but has a silly side (a must for anyone who hangs out with me). She was a bridesmaid in my wedding 13 years ago, and since then the years have taken us in different directions and locations, but we can always pick up where we left off.
The wedding was at a winery up on a bluff with an amazing view. Sara was absolutely stunning, what a gorgeous bride - Hunter is a lucky man. The wedding itself was elegant and intimate. 4 separate dinners to enjoy (Asian, steakhouse type food, Greek and seafood), there was a 20 piece swing band playing all night, ice sculptures, 2 incredible cakes, and my personal favorite, a tower of chocolate dipped cheesecake bites. The best part of the evening was just catching up with old friends from high school days, so many people that were such an important part of those years. It was like a reunion, minus the awkwardness. The only down side was the COLD and WIND. Holy Moly was it chilly, not a typical August evening. When the ceremony started it was sunny and warm and all the guys were whining that they were going to bake in their suits. By the time the reception rolled around, all of us were in their jackets. So much for a new summery dress, I should've worn jeans and a sweater. Sara and Hunter are off to Fiji, and the beginning of a life together as husband and wife. Marriage is sacred, and it is that much more meaningful to attend a wedding ceremony that honors and respects the covenant that is made.
Wishing you two a lifetime of love and blessings . . .

3 comments:

Stephenie said...

So much fun!...but I think I was frozen when we left! You are right, Sara was GORGEOUS, & it was an amazing affair to remember. I'm glad none of us fell in the pool or had our dresses blow up around our heads!!!

Jeremiah, Kristin, and Liam said...

Laura, what a great writer you are! LE Lochhead told me you had some pictures on your blog so here I am ... but I've really enjoyed looking through your other pictures and reading your thoughts. It's too bad we never had a chance to get to know one another while Jeremiah & I were in Spokane. Hopefully someday we'll be back - you're awesome! -kristin

Anonymous said...

I think my toes still haven't fully recovered from the cold. At least we know that the cold wind was just a fluke thing, since it is never windy or cold in the Tri Cities...perfect weather for a perfect place to live LOL
Love Mommy