2.28.2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

Getting ready to go see Mickey! And we're off!
Right after entering the Main Gate at Disneyland, we made it!
Pirates of the Carribean - always our 1st and last ride
Dawson decided this is his new smile - lovely isn't it?

The first (of many) churros!

Todd and Ella on Splash Mountain, this picture of Ella is priceless


Pooh ride, one of his faves. Another shot of that beautiful "smile"

Loves from Tigger
Dawson's 1st ears!
I don't know whose tummy is bigger, mine or Pooh's

The rockets
Dinner at Blue Bayou
Nap time....
....again

Buzz Lightyear ride

Giving lovin's to Mickey


Me and Celia
Our very own princess
Meeting Belle (of course she's never even seen this movie, but Ella and I waited in line for an hour and a half to meet her, Mommy must really love her girl)Their cute little profiles
We had a blast on our Disneyland trip! The kids had so much fun and were such troopers. They did great on the plane rides, thank goodness for a back pack full of snacks. We got to Anaheim and quickly ran up to our hotel room, grabbed sweatshirts and a potty break and we were off - we didn't want to waste a minute. I found myself watching the kids' reactions to everything more then I actually looked at things myself, it was so fun to see it through their eyes. We went on every ride they could go on, and poor Dawson is probably scarred for life. Guess that's one downside to being tall for his age, he was big enough to go on some of the wilder rides and probably didn't appreciate being involuntarily strapped into some of them - he didn't seem to mind though and by day 2 he had his favorites and would request them by some sort of sound effect and hand motion if he didn't know the word. We stayed until closing, or close to, every night, and never had to go back to the hotel for Dawson's nap. He would just go to the dark side a little, and that was our cue to get his silky, lean back the ole stroller seat, and he was off to sleepy land. I bought Ella a Cinderella dress at Target before we left (yes, I'm a cheapskate) and hid it in her suit case, so when we got to our hotel I pulled it out and surprised her. She wore it over her clothes 3 days in a row, what a sweetheart. She loved the castle and was just awe struck by it all. The babies enjoyed their first trip too, and I followed almost all the rules my doc gave me as far as rides. We ate at Blue Bayou and Naples, 2 of my favorite restaurants there. One of the biggest highlights of the trip was a visit from my sweet friend Celia. We grew up together in Big Bear, and she and her oldest son Boden drove 2 hours each way to meet up with us and spend some time at Disneyland. It meant so much to me that she did took the time to do that, you're a true friend Cel. We had fun catching up and I wish we'd had the whole weekend to chatter away. The weather held out for us and we even wore shorts and flip flops one day, which was worth the trip in and of itself if you ask me. One of the sweetest things was watching Dawson with the characters. I was expecting him to be totally freaked out by them, not only because he doesn't have a clue who most of them are, but because he's such a sensitive little guy. But he LOVED them, and would run up and hug them, squeeze their nose, give them a high five, say hi - I don't know how many strangers will have a picture of Dawson because he'd run ahead in the line and right into a shot of someone else's family. I could go on and on... It was just a perfect little get away, it was just what our little family needed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! I think when the twins are 2 it will be the perfect time to go back--ALL OF US! We will get there together in this lifetime:-) So happy you had a great trip and I'm sure the twins loved all the Churros and The Matterhorn!

Loves,
~D

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys had an amazing trip!!! What fun...