2.18.2009

Womb Mates


We had our "big" 20 week ultrasound and it was a great show! It was almost 2 hours long! I think half the reason it took so long is that the ultrasonagrapher was having fun just showing us all of their little parts. She was the dearest soul and you would've thought she was related to us by her "ooohs" and "ahhs" and "look how cute!" The other reason why it may have taken so long is that apparently I'm incubating 2 cage fighters. Poor lady couldn't get a good measurement easily and these babies definitely gave her a run for her money. It became very clear why I can't sleep well, why I feel like an alien is living inside of me, and why I'm growing by the minute. They are both measuring a week ahead, which was reassuring but kind of surprised me since there are 2 of them obviously, and since I had a rough time with morning sickness this time around. Since we've had quite a few ultrasounds due to the twins factor, it's been fun to slowly get to know them and their little personalities. Baby B is calmer, has always been more shy at showing it's "parts" and is apparently going to be a thumb sucker like Dawson. Baby A is well, not calm. I teared up watching them together, it's obvious why twins have such an amazing bond. You can see the amniotic sac between them, and then a little hand will push into it, and the other baby will answer back, either with another sweet gesture or - an elbow to the head, which we saw a lot of yesterday. They are both head down, so we got a lot of shots of them head-to-head, and also of 4 perfect little feet together. So I'm sure you're dying to know what we're having....It's a boy and......another boy!


So I guess the names Josie Paige, or Daisy Claire, or was it Daisy Paige and Josie Claire?? won't be needed. And all of those delicious little girl clothes of Ella's will have to be tearfully rummaged through again. We've actually known we were having 2 boys for about 5 weeks now, but just wanted to be triple sure before we made a big announcement. But somehow I still find myself thumbing through the baby girl clothes on the racks. I guess there was only meant to be one princess in this house, although come to think of it, Ella isn't much of a princess and can definitely hold her own in a house full of boys. I can just see it now, the ring leader in action with three dusty little boys tagging behind. All sorts of mischief to be had around here.




4 comments:

katy said...

Oh my...I am shocked! First that they are a week ahead because I'm still not sure where they're hiding in there and second that it's two boys! I never would have guessed! Yippee though and so much fun! I am so happy for you and you look absolutely amazing! They are super cute obviously and I can't wait to see them in person! Perhaps an August trip is in order! Love you! XOXO

Anonymous said...

SO cute...Their little profiles look like Dawson's. I can't wait to cuddle them. By the way, you are cute too!!
Love,
Mommy

Anonymous said...

You make me want twins... **tear**

If you get rid of any girl clothes, I will take them. :-)

Anonymous said...

Mischief is right, and if Ella is anything like I was with a house full of brothers~she'll be the instigator :") You learn to hold your own when you're outnumbered by boys. They twins are darling in the ultrasound pics, can't wait to meet them!