2.13.2009

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours

About 10 years ago one of my Christmas presents came wrapped in this, Todd painted this on the paper. Pretty good huh?
Todd photo-shopped his face onto a jail bird - apparently I've captured his heart... This is about 8 years old. This has to be my favorite.
For 14 years I've saved every love letter, every note, every card that Todd has ever given me. I have the ribbon from my first bouquet, the box my engagement ring came in, the soap set from the lodge we stayed at on our honeymoon, even a mixed tape... I have a whole drawer in the bedroom devoted to storing these little treasures, and it's stuffed full. Every once in a while I'll pull out a stack and read through them. It reminds me of where we've been, how our love has grown over the years, and the way our life together has changed. On Valentine's Day, I sent Todd a box full of homemade oatmeal raisin cookies- his fave, when we we were newly twitterpated and not even officially dating yet. So be careful ladies, offering baked goods to a man can drastically change the course of your life...
I posted pictures of two of my all time favorites, clearly for different reasons.

No comments: