2.07.2009

Wheelin' and Dealin'

I'm excited about my latest purchase for the babes, I think I did good! We are obviously going to need a double stroller, and after heeding my sister's advice I was looking for a side-by-side. Most of them are HUGE though, and don't fit through doorways, aisles, parking lots....and they're heavy to boot. So I started doing some investigating, looking at dimensions and also the weight of the stroller since I'll be throwing that thing in and out of our big ol' car. Two that got great reviews were Maclaren and Peg Perego strollers, but they were really expensive - $400 or so. So after a few checks on Craig's List, I found a double Peg in great shape for 80 bucks! It's lightweight, it turns super easily and actually fits through standard doors. Gotta love a good deal. Now there are some things I just can't bring myself to buy used, unless it's from a friend or family member. But a stroller - just hose that sucker down, spray it with some bleach solution and let the sunshine do it's magic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great lookin' stroller Laura BUT where is your drink/Coke holder?!!!:-)

LAURA said...

I know, I know. This dilema has plagued me for weeks now. Guess I'm going to have to break down and buy the Peg Perego one online. I keep trying the cheap "universal" ones with no luck. How would one take a brisk walk without a Coke and some licorice, or Starburst, or a Snickers...