I am going to be completely honest and admit that my quiet time has been almost non-existent since the babies were born. I read the Bible to the kids, we go to church as often as humanly possible, we pray - but I haven't really taken the time to do that stuff on my own. I guess you could say I'm just too busy, but that's kind of like saying I'm too busy to eat, to sleep, to breathe. The truth is I haven't made time. Because of that everything else starts to suffer, I am not taking care of the most important thing, my relationship with God. The thing is that when I feel like He is far way, when I feel like He is distant, I'm the one that moved. He is always there, steadfast. The Bible says that God wants to hide us in the shadow of His wings, that He wants to gather us like a mother hen gathers her chicks. He is waiting there, waiting to scoop us up into His arms and hold us to His chest. When the waves of this life come crashing down, He is the only One that gives us true rest, solice, peace. What's amazing is that when I choose to make Him less of a priority, His goodness is what draws me in. He knows the mistakes I've made and the ones I've yet to make, and He died for me anyway. I was reading a Focus on the Family newsletter and one of the articles made me cry. The author was talking about the same thing; God's unending love for us, His desire to be close to us. The short version: God pursues us, he woos our hearts with His indescribable grace.My life is good, I have more kids than I can shake a stick at, I have a loving husband, a beautiful home, great family and friends, even our trusty Lab who is laying in the sun on the patio as I write this reminds me what a good life I have. But even when my life isn't good, He is good. In the words of one of my favorite songs, His love is extravagant, His friendship is intimate. Spread wide in the arms of Christ is a love that covers sin. No greater love have I ever known, He captured my heart again....
1 comment:
Amen.....love you ever so much
Post a Comment