9.05.2009
That's Just Peachy
We love going up to the Bluff to pick whatever deliciousness is in season, and I usually take the kids up for a little bit of everything all through the summer and fall. But I was toting around a watermelon of my own for the first half of the summer, and new-newborns and trips to the farm aren't super compatable, so that made much of the second half out of the question too. But we finally made it up at the end of August for peaches, yum! Only made one pie and didn't do any canning, oh well, there's always next year. Still good for snacking, and we definitely had our fill of those fuzzy fruits. Next is apples, then pumpkins....can't wait, truly one of my favorite things to do with our little fam. And the baby boys did pretty good for being just 8 weeks old, so it should only get better from here on out. I don't think that quiet little orchard had ever seen so much chaos - maybe we should switch up farms every time we go....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This looks like so much fun! I'm sad I missed peaches this year. There's always lots of time for apples though =) Greenbluff is so great this time of year!
Post a Comment