5.02.2010

Budget Cuts

Back in the day I used to cut hair, not professionally by any means, in fact it shocks me that people let me whack at their hair. It started with my boyfriend in high school (sorry Hon) and then when I met Todd I cut his hair and Aaron's. But when things got too crazy trying to juggle work, nursing school and home life, I said to heck with it - I threw in the scissors and let Supercuts take over. So I've been out of practice for a l o n g time, but lately Todd has been bugging me about it. First of all, Dawson HATES getting his hair cut and gives himself an ulcer every time I have to take him in, so if I could do it, it would save us on a therapist. Plus, I started thinking, with 4 boys in the house that's a lot of trimming trips. Ella and I only go in about 3 times a year, but we like to keep the boys' hair high and tight, so they are in every 4-6 weeks. That's really going to start adding up once the twins join in. So I bit the bullet and decided to give it a try again. I'm definitely out of practice! I feel bad using poor Dawson as my guinea pig, but it turned out okay. And by okay I mean bad-but-not-horrible, should-wear-a -hat-but-don't-have-to. I think I could've shaved his head bald though and he would've been happy having Mommy do it instead of the "yady wif the buzzers." I think the popsicle may have helped too. And of course Ella cried (seriously, she cried) because she wanted me to cut her hair short like Dawson's. I told her I doubted she really wanted her hair that short and she reminded me that we'd seen a Mommy at Target that was bald and that "bald is beautiful." I guess I can't argue with that, but I'm still not buzzing her head while she lives under this roof.



No comments: