
Todd is gonna kill me but I couldn't resist. Since we've passed on our combined genetics to only boys, I've always wondered what our little girl would like if we had one that was unfortunate enough to have our biology - surely not as beautiful as our Ella... I still have some of Ella's sweet little clothes, I just can't part with all of them. I do go through the Rubbermaid boxes year after year and whittle the stack down as much as my heart can handle at the time. Some are just too precious and wrapped up in memories that I don't want to lose. So since I won't be dressing up any more baby girls around here, I grabbed the next best thing, Charlie. His behavior is anything but girly, this kid is wired for sound. But he does have that ridiculous head of hair and sorry to say, an androgynous face. In fact people mistake him for a girl all the time. I was running errands and had the twins in the double stroller and a college-aged girl was going gaga over them. She said "how fun to have a boy
and a girl, I think it would be so boring to have just 2 boys or 2 girls!" I didn't have the heart to tell her because I thought she'd be worried she offended me. And they were both wearing matching outfits - khakis, striped blue socks, and their "copy" "paste" shirts and she still thought he was a girl. Poor kid. But for the record, someone thought Ella was a boy (she was wearing this exact dress, daisy sandals with painted pink toenails and a barrette) and people have mistaken Dawson for a girl a dozen times, so chin up Charlie, you're a boy where it counts:)
2 comments:
Okay...you are too much sometimes. You had me giggling all day about this one. Aaron was wondering what was on my mind, so I showed him...and he just shook his head in disbelief. Now we know why you don't come to church...too busy dressing up your boys in girl clothes. :-P
OMGosh!!!! That is too funny....he looks like you at that same age....Did Todd see this yet??
Post a Comment