
I'm not going to get into it. I'm sure everyone is sick of me talking about my emotional breakdowns over my kids growing up. I"ll just say that it was a tough day for me, but I was expecting that. What I wasn't expecting was for Ella to weepy and clingy and sad (this lasted for over a week). After all we had a year of kindergarten under our belt, which she LoVeD, and we talked for weeks about
1st grade and she was so excited. But the reality of spending ALL day away from home hit all of us hard. We're actually still adjusting to be honest. So here are some pictures of her
1st day! I wrote "I love you" on her hand so she could look at it and think of me if she was sad. Right before we left the house she asked if she could write on mine too, in case I was missing her - so sweet. I took a picture of her in front of the school sign, a 4 year tradition at this point. I love her expression, she's smiling for the camera, but her eyes are on the walkway where all the kids are filing in, already scouting for her buddies. Daddy got to come by for a bit and give Ella a good luck kiss, which was special. She has her own desk, she has to pack a lunch now, she goes to gym, and music, and art and chapel and it's just such a big girl year for her. My
1st born is in
1st grade, how in the world did this happen?
2 comments:
Oh my...she is beautiful and I am sooo proud of her! So lucky, blessed, everything. Hugs and kisses from me! I love you!
So Jeff just came up to me and asked, "Are you crying?!?"
I can't do the school days, Laura. They'll just kill me! :)
Very sweet post. Loved the little hand messages and the oodles of pictures. Can't wait to see the college diploma-walk pictures...tomorrow? Seriously. Stop growing, kids! Or at least slow down.
Thanks for sharing your life, kids, and pictures. ellie
Post a Comment