9.03.2010

Dawson's Ditties

Dawson: "When I grow up I want to have a job."
Me: "What kind of job do you think you want to have?"
Dawson: "I want to be a Dad with my life and my heart and to teach people not to say bad words. And to go to Austraya (Australia)."

I don't trust anybody... well, I trust you.

Yer my sweet boy! But yer a girl?...

I heard Charlie crying and went around the corner to see that Dawson had put a toy tote over Charlie's head.

Me: "Dawson, if you do something to your brother and you see that it makes him sad, what do you need to do?"
Dawson: "pray."

I was looking for a different answer - maybe "stop doing it" or "I'm sorry" but whatever. Not sure if he thinks he needs prayer because he's about to get in trouble, or if he thinks Charlie needs prayer for supernatural assistance since clearly Dawson had no intention of helping.

Ella asked why people dance at their weddings, Todd said that it's just tradition, but you don't have to if you don't want to. Dawson said "when I have my wedding to Mommy I am gonna dance with her."

If you know Dawson well at all, you know that he's kinda introspective, kinda serious. So it cracked me up when he asked this question with some genuine concern. "Mom, if I was a cookie or a scone would you eat me?"
Even though I do our morning devotions with a kids Bible, I still have to skip over a chapter here and there. Let's face it, there's some scary and bizarre stuff in there, and Dawson is especially impressionable and sensitive. So I passed over the Passover, but Ella can read and is unfortunately fascinated with dark and twisty things. So, she took it upon herself to tell Dawson all about it. I over heard her say this on one occasion "Yep Dawson, one-year old lamb, dead, blood dripping down..." He was obsessed with this subject for weeks, and one night when I tucked him into to bed he asked "is God gonna jump outta the Bible and put blood all over our house?"

No comments: