9.07.2010

Say Hello to my Litt-l Friends



A few months back I fell in love with something tall, slender, gorgeous and gray. And no it's not Todd. I got a new fridge and I LoVe it so stinking much. Ours was a piece. It worked, but the water dispenser stopped working oh, 5, 6 years ago. Then it started freezing all the produce so we could only keep soda in the drawers. Then about 2 or 3 years ago the ice maker broke so we had to buy ice. Annoying. But we found a real beaut, a floor model at Fred's that makes me so happy every time I walk by. I can see my smiling face shining right back at me thanks to the sparkly, stainless steel doors. Plus, the old beast is now in the garage for Costco overflow, which is an added bonus. And as if I weren't spoiled enough with one new appliance, we went crazy and got a front loader and new dryer too. Don't laugh at me for saying this, but I cried when I was telling Todd how much it has changed my life. I know, it sounds stupid. But I was doing 3-4 loads a day, and now I can do ONE, maybe 2 with sheets and towels! And not only do I get away with fewer loads, the whole process is done in a fraction of the time. In a pinch, I can get the all-important silky washed and dried to fresh-smelling perfection in 45 minutes. Okay, I know I got a little carried away talking about a washer and dryer, but seriously, it has made such a difference on the work load around here. It seems so quiet in the house now that I don't hear that old washer and dryer clunking around all day. That, combined with the sounds of screaming, (the good and bad kind) made up the soundtrack to my life. Now I just hear the screaming...
And just look at all the fancy options on these things (the washer is Hank, he's the work horse of the group, scrubbing up all those dirty kids clothes. And Ryan, he does the dryin'). Sanitize, Hand Wash, Heavy Soil, Speed Dry. I mean, if that doesn't get a Mom of 4 excited, I don't know what will. I did notice that is also has an Extra Light Soil Level cycle, which I'm sure I'll never have the pleasure of using.

No comments: