This blog has taken the place of scrapbooking for now, which is kinda sad because I miss the creative outlet. But I can at least console myself that I have the memories preserved in black and white, even if it doesn't have buttons, great paper, ribbons, brads, rub-ons, stamps, paint, ink-rubbed edges...But having all of these memories and pictures on a computer freaks me out. Computers do weird stuff, so what if something happened and *poof *, it was all gone?! I have nightmares that all of these precious memories will get lost in cyberspace (I don't really have nightmares about it, but it sounds dramatic, which is what I was going for). So Iooked into getting my blog printed into a book a few months ago, but have been putting it off, until... I was on the blogger help page trying to figure out why my text color and font wouldn't change, and I saw a few people commenting that their blogs had been deleted! Noooo! I told Todd it was 70 bucks to print out just one year, and I thought he would laugh at me for spending that much. But he was actually more excited about it than I was! He really thinks our kids will treasure this someday, and I think he's right. He said "can you imagine if our parents had written down all the cute things we said, how they felt about us, where we lived, what our yard and house looked like, who we played with..." Boy, if I didn't know better I'd say that sounds sentimental:)
Oh, and here's my 2 cents about it. It's basic, super basic. The pictures aren't as big as I thought they'd be. I of course was expecting options to change the color of the text, you know, maybe chocolate brown and pumpkin, or turquoise and coral, or that it would print out the fun fonts I've used. Nope. It's black and the post headers are blue (seriously, that's the best they could come up with?). I got the soft-back cover, it's an extra 10 bucks to do hard-back and I wanted to see how it turned out before spending even more money on this thing. Over all, it's great because it's your blog, in a book, how cool is that?!
3 comments:
Ummm...are you going to share what company does such a thing? And how I can get it done, too?
Blog2Print is the name, I think? I'll have to double check when you come over. Not sure if they do it just for blogger or if they do wordpress etc:0)
Good Idea!! I want a copy...... :)
Post a Comment