1.09.2011

Rise and Shine!



Ella's been having a tough time getting up in the morning, and let me assure you, this is a new development. She's been waking up bright and early, chipper as can be, since she was a baby. And she has good company in the morning, our other jovial Ruffling, Charlie. Unfortunately, they don't need a lot of sleep, therefore I don't get much either. But she's been dragging in the morning - you know how it is in the winter, it's cold outside but your bed is all warm and cozy, it's still dark outside in the morning, no sunshine to ease you into the day. Makes it tough to just roll outta bed with a spring in your step. So after a couple of days of waking her up for school only to find that a complete grump had replaced my cheerful chatterbox, I thought I'd let Charlie do the dirty work. It was so cute, I laid him on her chest and she slowly opened her eyes, smiled, wrapped her arms around him and let her heavy eyelids find a few more moments of peaceful rest. A rare, quiet moment for these 2 spark plugs, and just what my heart needed to start the day off right. And by the way, isn't she {beautiful}?