1.15.2011

Movie Night

When the weekend rolls around and it's Movie Night, pOpCoRn is definitely mandatory, but Movie MuNcH takes it to a whole new level. My friend Erin gave me this recipe, she said someone brought it to their Block Party and everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. She was right, it's a hit! Be careful though, it's one of those things you just can't stop eating even if you try really, really hard. I'll give you the original recipe, and then in {brackets} I'll tell you the way I tweak it a bit for my tastebuds.
Movie Munch:
1 bag microwave, buttered popcorn, or you can make it with your popper and butter it
1-2 TB peanut butter {since Dawson is allergic to peanuts, I omit it for his portion, or you can use almond or cashew butter}
1-12 oz package white chocolate chips
1 cup Cheerios {I like broken up pretzel rods}
2/3 cup M&M's
{I also add 1/4 cup chopped salted cashews sometimes}
Once popcorn is prepared, melt white chocolate in a double broiler or on low power in the microwave, stirring often so it doesn't seize up. Add the peanut butter to the melted chocolate, stir until smooth. Add Cheerios {or pretzels} to the popcorn, pour white chocolate mixture over and stir gently, removing unpopped kernels if you see them. Add M&M's {and cashews} and toss gently. Lay out on a parchment lined cookie sheet to cool in the refrigerator for about an hour. Break up into clusters. YuMmY!

Couch Tator-Tots, enjoying some moments of vegetation






2 comments:

Siri said...

I am going to have to try that! It sounds delicious:) Right up my salty/sweet taste bud alley.

Kelli said...

Yum! Although, I may try pb chips or choco? I love weekend movie nights, we try to watch a movie with the kids on saturdays(although lately not so much since I'm in bed so early :) ) Isn't it fun to have special family traditions?! Cute pics of the rufflings all cozied up.
ps~i need help on my blog, still :(