I have to write a little bit about Charlie because he did the funniest thing today, and since I want to document it so I don't forget, I might as well take this opportunity to say what comes to mind when I think of my baby boy. Charlie is a happy boy, and he makes me happy ~ he comforts my soul, I can already tell he's protective of me ~ the way he puts his arms around my shoulder, or checks on me if I get hurt. The other day the boys were on my lap looking at photo albums and I was feeling sad about something, and kind of in my own world. A little tear slid down my cheek and Charlie caught it with his finger, then wrapped both of his arms around my neck and held on so tight. Then he tipped his head and looked at me and said "kay Mommy, kay?" He is so precious, so affectionate, so caring. I thought Dawson was affectionate until I had Charlie, this little guy trumps Dawson. I guess it's because Dawson is affectionate with me, Charlie just is. One day at Manito, a child came down the slide after him, and Charlie patted him on the back, hugged him and said "nice!" He is so tenderhearted, caring and thoughtful. He will bring Mitch his sippy cup before he drinks his. He will offer bites of his treats, gently brush the hair out of your face, help carry groceries, help his brothers and sister clean up their toys... But he's also stubborn and intense. He loves hard, plays hard, fights hard {and bites hard, unfortunately}. He loves to sing, and when he isn't sleeping in bed next to me, I wake up at 6-something to the sound of him singing on the monitor. I love his little body, I think he's going to be stockier than my other boys. All of my kids have been chunky babies, but they get super lean as they grow. Charlie's thighs still rub together, he has chub on his shoulders, and a set of killer buns ~ he fills out Dawson's boxers better than Dawson does:) He is a delicious dish. He has the key to my heart, no doubt about it.
So back to the funny thing he did... I was doing my hair and I looked over to see Charlie with his diaper unfastened putting a pantliner on his little weiner. I laughed so hard, it was adorable. Makes sense since all of my boys are way more fascinated with make-up, hair-do's and accessories than Ella. They watch my every move like a hawk, sweet and disturbing all at the same time;)
So since I'm talking about Charlie, wouldn't it be a good idea to show you some pictures of him? I thought you'd say that! I got some cute pictures of him a few weeks ago. Ok, not some, a ton. When the twins were first born, I used to be "fair" when taking pictures, but they have their own personalities, their good days and bad days, and their super cute days:) Just like there are times I can't get Ella to sit still for a picture if my life depended on it, or get Dawson to actually look at the camera and smile, the twins are the same. So I've gotten over the guilt that there may be 20 pictures of Mitch in a row in the photo album, or vice versa. This night Charlie was "on" and I had fun snapping as many pictures of him as I could. He was being a little stinker, he was picking flowers out of my pots and when I told him "no", he did anything and everything to my flowers except pick them. I can see the fire in his eyes and I could just bite that bottom lip. Then he figured out that I was enjoying his antics, so he tried to shut the screen door on me. He didn't want to give me the satisfaction of taking pictures of him after I'd just gotten him in trouble.
1 comment:
catching up.:) love that you took a trip to disneyland. too cute. ella is beyond sweet and articulate. and beautiful. and charlie. well, charlie melts me times a billion. if you ever want to get rid of one i'll be your girl. i will take him in a heartbeat! kiss his baby buns for me! xoxo
p.s. he actually sounds a LOT like eda june! they would get along so well!
Post a Comment