11.17.2009

Dinner Date

We got a laptop just before the twins were born. Our computer finally bit the dust, it was old to say the least. She was born in '94, antiquated in the technology world. She was a beast and I had a hate/hate relationship with that steaming pile of wires and circuit boards. So having a computer that can actually upload pictures to Costco in less than a decade from start to finish, or is fast enough to update my blog in less than 2 hours is a dream come true. And of course I love having a laptop for the obvious reason - it's mobile. During the summer I could check email while soaking up some vitamin D on the patio, I can nurse a baby and check a website at the same time, I can bring it with me to bed and check everyones blogs...and one of my favorite places to bring it, the kitchen. That's right, I have a cooking sidekick, my sous chef, Dell. I love it, it's like a glorified recipe box with pretty pictures and music and stuff. Now I must say Todd gets a little unnerved when he sees that I'm scanning the Food Network site for a new recipe, he is happy as a clam to eat a revolving menu of the same 10 or so dinners - lasagna, lemon chicken, enchiladas, chili and beer bread, pot roast.... But sometimes I just get soooo bored. The other night I had red peppers in the fridge, chicken, some random veggies and the usual pantry items. My head would have said "fajitas!" but Dell said "Asian Chicken Salad" and presto, I had the recipe right there in living color. Basically it's a $500 cookbook....

No comments: