11.25.2009

Namesake



I think most of you already know that we didn't just pull the twins' names out of thin air, they are family names. I'm sure that comes as quite a shock since Mitchell and Charles are such common baby names:-) My Dad had only girls, I was the closest thing he ever got to having a boy around. So since he couldn't pass on his last name, we thought we'd name one of the babies Mitch, in his honor. Plus, my Dad is one of my favorite people in the whole wide world, so that's a good enough reason anyway.
My Grandpa (Dad's Dad) and Uncle (Dad's brother) were the inspiration behind little Charlie's name. I adored both growing up, few others will ever be as dear to me as my Grandpa was, I still miss him.

The first picture is my Grandpa. The next one is of my Dad with his dog, Cheyenne - when he was school-aged he rode his pony to school and Cheyenne would tag along. The last one has all of these special guys in one spot - My Grandpa, my Dad (chewing on a stick, hmm...), and my Uncle Charlie is sitting closest to them.

No comments: