11.29.2009

E-L-L-A spells adorable

Ella is starting to read, can you believe that!!! I knew this day would come now that she is a certified kindergartener - but the day came sooner than I thought. This is one of those MAJOR milestones that I am so excited about (not a blubbering mess), the world is literally an open book now. She brought home a little reader from school and read the whole thing on her own with the exception of the word "lightning." Understandable, that's a toughy. We were driving into town this week and she asked "what does B-E-S silent T spell?" I love it, I had no idea there were silent T's... The only problem is I can't use code words with Todd any more. You know the drill - "Hon, do you want to take the kids to the P-A-R-K?" "should we get them a T-R-E-A-T?" and of course "how was your day with the kids?" "like living at the threshold of H-E- double L." Guess I'm gonna have to take up pig Latin.

No comments: